Once a Cougar, always a Cougar!
Stay informed. Get Involved. Give Back.
Click here for upcoming alumni events.
In order to help alumni generalize the skills they have learned and apply them to the ‘real world’, the REACH Program offers alumni support for its graduates from the day of commencement through October 31st of the same year. This includes:
- Individualized support from the Alumni and Career Coordinators;
- Assistance with employment resources (e.g., preparing for interviews, résumé updates, letters of recommendation);
- Help with online resources (e.g., electronic applications, Indeed, CISERNonline, LinkedIn);
- Troubleshooting job-related issues/concerns;
- Referrals to social services agencies, if needed; and
- Emotional support (e.g., anxiety related to independent living and the stress of job-seeking).
Phone and in-person assistance are available for alumni living in the Charleston area. Remote assistance is available for alumni living outside the Charleston area.
Schedule of Support:
- Graduation through October 31st: REACH Alumni and Career Coordinators (843-953-4849)
- Graduation through the next year’s commencement: College of Charleston Career Center (843-953-5692) http://careercenter.cofc.edu/contact-us/index.php
- One year post-graduation: College of Charleston Alumni Career Services (843-953-5692) http://careercenter.cofc.edu/contact-us/index.php
Will enjoys his job working with children and is happy to be using the skills he learned while a student at the College of Charleston.
Here he is reading a story:
Here Will brings the story to life: